Powder gun settings overview
- kV = high voltage in kiloVolt
- µA = spray current in microamps = 35 µA
- E = total air = 4.0 Nm 3 / h (h = hour)
- % = Powder output rate = 60%
- Recipe # 3
Orange glowing ring at the top right = On / Off
Top left green LED = activated (otherwise idle state)
With E = 4 and% 60;
50 to 80 kV is recommended for the application of the first layer. Possible up to 100 kV with 100 µA
The range of values for the second layer varies between 100 kV with 10 µA and 50 kV with 20 µA
The maximum voltage setting is 100 kV, which works better for angular workpieces. Usually possible up to 90 kV with 22-35 µA
Coating angular workpieces
- kV 90 = 90,000 V
- µA 35 = 3.5 x 10 -5 A
- E 4.0 Nm 3 / h or lt / min
- % 60 = Powder emission fraction = Powder coating in spray air
- Recipe # 3
High kV setting can help
The higher the setting, the stronger the charge / adhesion.
As a rule,
- the more detailed and complex the part, the lower the KV setting.
- High settings are ideal for flat parts and for the outside of the box-like parts.
- Improve transfer efficiency (more powder particles in part)
- Increase the distance between the gun and the part.
- to get a very even coverage on flat surfaces.
Three shortcut keys for recipes (below the display)
- Flat or first layer
- Overcoat or second coat
- Square edged workpieces
Assembly instructions Electron Master M
Two-coat process / overcoating tips
Application of a second powder coating layer on the 1st layer
The range of values for the second layer fluctuates between 100 kV with 10 µA and 50 kV with 20 µA, even up to 20 kV ...
Possibly increase the% amount of the powder used
1. Use the earthing tester
First layer 4 millimeters thick? Create a bare metal point on the part so that it can be grounded
2. Check powder coating values
3. Does the first coat have stains, problems with significant peeling or rust breakage?
4. Cleaning the product surface
In this video we consciously use used parts ...
... to demonstrate under real conditions.
Excellent electrostatics save amount of powder
Quick setting by remote control